With the First Minister’s announcement last Thursday that Scotland would not be moving out of Phase 3 and into Phase 4 of the Covid-19 road map we have been forced to limit the number of tickets to 2 per runner for our Ayr Gold Cup Festival.

We have always strived to give owners the best possible raceday experience and will continue to do so.

We have been in negotiations with both the Scottish Government and local authority to come up with a solution that would give owners the best possible experience and we hoped to be in a position to allow four badges per horse plus a three course sit down meal in what would have been a pilot event  approved by Holyrood.

These plans with regard to numbers and the meal had to be altered last Thursday following the First Minister’s announcement.

The First Minister also announced that the re-opening of sports venues even to very limited numbers of sports fans has been delayed from September 14 until October 5 at the earliest and also that the limit of people who can meet socially indoors or outdoors has been reduced to a maximum of six people from September 14 and they should come from no more than two households.

We fully respect that these decisions are taken with public health in mind and will adhere to these.

We are as frustrated and disappointed as everyone else but the health and safety of all our attendees is paramount.

We will endeavour to work with the RCA to ensure that any spare capacity will be fully utilised by other owners who wish to have a greater allocation.